which krb5 PAM module on Solaris 8?

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 1 15:10:47 EDT 2003

    GÁL> Tim Mooney írta:
    >> All- I'm looking for recommendations on which krb5 PAM module I
    >> should use on a sparc box I'll be reinstalling with Solaris 2.8
    >> in a couple weeks.

    GÁL> pam-krb5.sf.net. This is an enhanced version of RedHat's
    GÁL> pam_krb5.  I will release rc8 in this weekend, it will
    GÁL> contains many workarounds for the solaris pam
    GÁL> implementation, so I recommend it.

Hi.  I have not looked at this specific implementation, but I have
encountered the Redhat PAM module and would like to gvie astrong
disrecommendation to that code base.

It seems like the module does way too much and has too much internal
information about the Kerberos implementation.  In particular, it even
parses krb5.conf (incorrectly).