which krb5 PAM module on Solaris 8?

GÁL Balázs balsa at rit.bme.hu
Fri Aug 1 13:24:57 EDT 2003

Tim Mooney írta:
> All-
>
> I'm looking for recommendations on which krb5 PAM module I should use
> on a sparc box I'll be reinstalling with Solaris 2.8 in a couple weeks.

pam-krb5.sf.net. This is an enhanced version of RedHat's pam_krb5.
I will release rc8 in this weekend, it will contains many workarounds
for the solaris pam implementation, so I recommend it.

> I do understand the implications of using a krb5 PAM module to
> authenticate services like telnet.
>
> I need a source-available module (so the stuff that's part of SEAM isn't
> going to do it for me, I don't think), because I need to hack in some
> calls to ldap, to check for authorization.

Why dont use unix groups for authorization? There are few pam module now
which implement authorization based on unix groups.

balsa