which krb5 PAM module on Solaris 8?

Wyllys Ingersoll wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com
Fri Aug 1 13:13:36 EDT 2003

Tim Mooney wrote:
> All-
>
> I'm looking for recommendations on which krb5 PAM module I should use
> on a sparc box I'll be reinstalling with Solaris 2.8 in a couple weeks.
>
> I do understand the implications of using a krb5 PAM module to
> authenticate services like telnet.
>
> I need a source-available module (so the stuff that's part of SEAM isn't
> going to do it for me, I don't think), because I need to hack in some
> calls to ldap, to check for authorization.

As Sam mentioned, why not use the SEAM pam_krb5 for your authentication and
write your custom authorization stuff part of the account module?

There have been alot of improvements in the SEAM pam_krb5 module
in the past year or so - most of which are avaialable by default in
s9 and some of which are available in Solaris 8 patches.

--

Wyllys Ingersoll
Sun Microsystems, Inc