Connecting to a WIN2K Share as a Kerberos User

Actually davidchr davespam at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 1 20:50:44 EST 2002

Do you have more than one Win2K machine, or are you attempting to
connect to the Win2K box from itself using different credentials from
the KDC domain (this IS supported, obviously)?  Standard response: make
sure you're running the latest Service Pack for Win2K, since some
interoperability fixes are included.

If your Win2K box allows you to sit down at it and logon as a user
principal from an MIT Realm, then the only mechanism I can thank of
offhand that might be required for it to authenticate OTHER users would
be mappings (ksetup /mapuser) for those users.

Does the Win2K box generate any kerberos traffic (use tcpdump or netmon)

-----
This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
Message may originate from an unmonitored alias ("davespam").  If so,
use "davidchr" if a direct reply is required.
Any opinions or policies stated within are my own and do not necessarily
constitute those of my employer.
I reside in Washington, USA, where Title 19 declares that sending me
Unsolicited Commercial Email can result in a $500 fine.
Harvesting of this address for purposes of bulk email (spam and UCE) is
expressly prohibited unless by my explicit prior request.  I retaliate
viciously against spammers and spam sites.