Installation of login authentication

Jerry Heyman jerry at scosco.raleigh.tivoli.com
Wed Jul 31 12:59:05 EDT 2002

I'm trying to enable a set of different machines (sequent, unixware,
reliant-unix, solaris, aix, hpux, linux, etc) to login authenticate
via Kerberos - rather than what we use now, which is NIS.

On some systems (dec, reliant-unix, hpux) I can literally replace
/bin/login with src/appl/bsd/login.krb5.

The PAM module that I found at: http://www.fcusack.com/soft/pam_krb5-1.0.tar.gz
compiles, but I'm out of my element trying to correctly modify the
pam.conf (solaris) and /etc/pam.d (linux)

The third set of machines uses /usr/lib/iaf/login/scheme (sgi, unixware).

Is there a cookie cutter set of instructions on how to force each
of these different OSes to use the login.krb5 binary??

I apologize if this is in the FAQ - I've looked through it, and
haven't found what I was looking for.

jerry
--
Jerry Heyman   919.224.1442   | IBM SWG/Tivoli Software|"Software is the
Build Infrastructure Architect| 3901 S Miami Blvd      | difference between