GSS-API failure on windows

Rick mail at server.net
Tue Jul 30 17:32:11 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm developing a server application which will be using the GSS-API to
authenticate users.  To get a feel for the GSS-API, and as an endurance
test, I started the gss-server with "gss-server -verbose
rcmd/myhost.mydomain.com".  Then I started the gss-client in a looping batch
file "gss-client myhost rcmd/myhost.mydomain.com 'test'".  After several
minutes, maybe 30-40 loops, it fails.  The client logs:

GSS-API error initializing context: Miscellaneous failure
GSS-API error initializing context: Generic error (see e-text)

The server logs:

GSS-API error accepting context: Miscellaneous failure
GSS-API error accepting context: Generic unknown RC/IO error

Both computers are Windows NT WS4 with sp6.  I installed mit-kfw-2.1.1 on
both.  My KDC is a WIN2k server.  I don't understand the protocol well
enough to sniff the wire to see who's failing.  I was hoping someone in the
group has experienced, and solved, the same problem.

Thanks in advance,