Eudora-Mac-Cannot communicate with Kerberos

Bill Verity whv at psu.edu
Wed Jul 31 13:03:03 EDT 2002

We prefer to use kerberos authentication between Eudora and our pop servers.
Usually works fine.  However, on some machines I get the error "Cannot communicate with Kerberos".  Any ideas on how to fix this problem.  Here are more details.

Running Eudora 5.1.1r on Mac OS 9.2.2.  Using Mit Kerberos for Mac 4.0.1.  I've moved the Kerberos Settings plugin into the Eudora Stuff folder and set the various Kerberos fields appropriately.  In fact, when I go to check mail, the Kerberos panel opens, I can enter my userid and password and I successfully get a ticket.  After that, I get the error and no mail is loaded.
--
BE ALERT!!!!  (The world needs more lerts ...)

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)