Disabling Kerberos 5-to-4 ticket conversion

Matthew X. Economou xenophon+usenet at irtnog.org
Fri Dec 27 08:58:37 EST 2002

I have a DECstation running NetBSD 1.6 configured to authenticate
users against an Active Directory domain.  "kinit" and friends work as
expected, but I keep getting the following error:

 kinit: converting creds: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm

I didn't find anything pertinent in the manual pages for krb5.conf and
krb5_524_conv_principal (which only told me how to configure the
conversion settings, not how to deactivate it).  Can anyone tell me
how to disable ticket conversion?  I'm assuming it's a one-liner in
/etc/krb5.conf.

I believe NetBSD uses Heimdal Kerberos, not MIT.

My current krb5.conf looks like this:

    [libdefaults]
        default_realm=YOYODYNE.COM
        default_etypes=des-cbc-crc