Kerberos Authentication Question

Monica Lau mllau2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 13:01:13 EST 2002

Hi all,

I've created 1,000+ KDC accounts, each one having a ticket life of 1 minute. I left it overnight with three clients logged in, and when I checked the krb5kdc.log this morning, I see the TGS and AS requests coming through every SECOND for those three accounts.

Do you know why the KDC would behave this way or is this a client issue?  In my kdc.conf file, I have the max_life set to 10 hours and the max_renewable_life set to 7 days.  Any pointers and help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Monica