kprop error?

Monica Lau mllau2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 13:08:56 EST 2002

Hi all,

The "kprop" program doesn't seem to work with system hostnames that have capitalized characters.  My system hostname is "Mlau"  However, when I run the kprop program, kprop can't propagate the database to the slave KDC because it can't find the "host/mlau" principal.  After I changed the system hostname to "mlau," then everything worked fine.  I was just wondering if this is the way the kprop program is suppose to work...

Thanks,

Monica