Windows browse list w/ Kerberos

John Green green at blueheronbio.com
Thu Aug 8 18:22:04 EDT 2002

I thought it was pretty strange too.  Here are the records I used for my
DNS:

_kerberos		IN	TXT	"BHBTEST.COM"
_kerberos-master._udp	IN	SRV	0 0 88  kerb1
_kerberos-adm._tcp	IN	SRV	0 0 749 kerb1
_kpasswd._udp		IN	SRV	0 0 464 kerb1
_kerberos._udp		IN	SRV	0 0 88  kerb1
_ldap._tcp.bhbtest.com	IN	SRV	0 0 389 ldap1

Someone else replied to this thread, thinking that the KDC interfered with
"kerberized" daemons running on other machines, namely sshd.  I have sshd
running on several of my internal servers, including the Samba server.
Adding pricipals for these machines alone supposedly should do the trick.
This sounds reasonable to me, any thoughts?

Either way, I'm almost done configuring a Kerberos/LDAP machine that due to
necessity will become a production machine on the network by this time
tomorrow.  Just to make sure I think I will bring this on-line after normal
working hours.