ticket lifetime -- I must be overlooking something

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Apr 12 10:31:06 EDT 2002

>I have a running MIT kerberos V server (on Linux), and I wanted to
>raise the ticket lifetime for the Tgt's.
>
>I raised the "maximum ticket life" for that principal in kadmin.

Did you just raise the max lifetime of the tgt principal, or the client
principal, or both?  (You need to do both).  And you'll need to raise the
lifetime of service tickets as well.

Make sure that "kinit -l 300h" shows a longer ticket lifetime as well;
maybe PAM isn't picking up those entries.

--Ken