[galib] Some tips about compilation errors (GAlib244)

Wu Chun Guo wuchunguo at email.jlu.edu.cn
Thu Apr 8 03:40:13 EDT 2004

Hi, all others and Suetlam Chung

Quite a few friends have confronted the problem mentioned by Suetlam Chung below.
These days I'm interested to have an attempt to compile an example in GAlib. I chose
the ex1.cpp.

Now I share some experiences with you all. Although my experiences are not very
efficient, I hope they could be helpful in some extent.

At first, add the "ga" directory to VC++'s search list (Tools->Options->Directories :)),
and then:

1. Create a new directory, e.x. "my examp".
2. Copy the file ex1.cpp to the new directory.

compile it! Quite a lot of errors appear. Don't worry about them!
Copy the files contain the unresolved functions to the new directory and add them into
your project. Compile them and add files needed again, repeatedly.
Then you will get a sound results.

The following files are all needed when you compile ex1.cpp.

©¦£ ex1.cpp
©¦£ GA2DBinS.cpp
©¦£ GA2DBinS.h
©¦£ GABaseGA.cpp