Question about NO_STREAMS?

SHSH97@aol.com SHSH97 at aol.com
Sat Oct 12 12:27:36 EDT 2002

I tried to build version galib245 and was not successful. Then I tried
galib244-win and
had no problems. Then went to tspdemo. This is interesting and want to go
further.
I use win98 Microsoft VC++ compiler.
(My question are.)
1) Should I keep working on galib245 or stay with galib244-win?
2) Could I copy ga folder from galib245 to galib244-win and recompile?
3) If I have to #define NO_STREAMS how do you get around not using iostream
or fstream and ect. If I'm writing something of my own?
4) Below is part of gaconfig.h file. I am not sure what it should look like.

Thank you for your time.

// Use the right streams library based on which streams macro was defined.
#if defined(USE_OLD_STREAMS)
#include <iostream.h>
#include <fstream.h>

#elif defined(USE_ANSI_STREAMS)
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>

// i'm terribly sorry to do this, but it is the easiest way for me to get
// things to work properly with vcpp.
using namespace std;

#else
#ifndef NO_STREAMS