[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Request for a specific configuration of ECCOv4

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 31 12:49:09 EDT 2020

Hi Dan, what is the double-counting issue?
I understand that the control variables in bulk formulae configurations will be linearly dependent.
This is also true to some extent for flux-forced configurations.
That does not mean that the adjoint optimization method will double count though.
What am I am missing?

Dimitris