[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Request for a specific configuration of ECCOv4

Zhang, Hong (US 398K) hong.zhang at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 31 10:59:04 EDT 2020

On Mar 31, 2020, at 6:50 AM, Jones, Dan <dannes at bas.ac.uk<mailto:dannes at bas.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hello,

Is there an ECCOv4 configuration/solution that avoids using the bulk formulae? That is, a solution that uses net heat flux as a control variable?

For context: I would like to attempt an adjoint reconstruction using net heat flux and wind stress. However, if we use the bulk formulae, there is a risk of double-counting (as pointed out by Yavor Kostov). Gael Forget suggested that avoiding the bulk formulae altogether could be a promising way to start.

Hi Dan,
Ou has developed this  pure flux-forced capability
https://github.com/owang01/ECCO-v4-Configurations/tree/master/devel

Hope it works for you,
Hong