[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Full pressure in ECCO4

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 25 13:35:54 EDT 2020

Gabriel,

The full 3d pressure in meters (~dbar) can be calculated as
P_full=(PHrefC+PHIHYD)/g, where g=9.81 m/s2

Since the model uses the r* vertical coordinate, the depth of each cell in vertical changes with time. So if you want to calculate the pressure at fixed depth, use PHIHYDcR in replace of PHIHYD
P_full_fixeddep = (PHrefC+PHIHYD)/g.
PHIHYDcR is provided in ECCO V4 Release3_alt.

Regards,
Ou

 is the 3d full pressure in m2/s2. Divide by g(=9.81m/s2) to convert it to meters (~dbar).