[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Request for a specific configuration of ECCOv4

Jones, Dan dannes at bas.ac.uk
Mon Apr 6 08:18:09 EDT 2020

Hi Matt,

Oh, that's strange. No idea why that's happening. Here' is Paola's response:
I think what Dan is saying is that if you want to isolate the effect of winds form that of purely buoyancy flux, the bulk formulas for heat and salt exchange depend on the wind stress as well, and it is difficult then of separating the two effects. At least, this is my interprestation, and it is a good point.
Did that show up okay for you?

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this. It's an issue that Yavor and Helen have been discussing recently here in the UK.

Thanks,
Dan