[ecco-support] wget access to cub92 data

Martin Schmidt martin.schmidt at io-warnemuende.de
Thu Apr 9 02:56:56 EDT 2020

Dear ecco team,

I am using cube92 as boundary data for a regional model. Thanks, for
making the data available. It helps a lot.

I would like to continue an existing experiment until "now". My old
download procedure with wget from the ftp-server does not work any more.

I have reactivated my NASA account and can visit again the ecco drive
for examples.

https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/ECCO2/cube92_latlon_quart_90S90N/SALT.nc

I can also download single files from there. But this is not an option
for practical purpose.

I am trying

wget --user=mschmidt --ask-password
https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/ECCO2/cube92_latlon_quart_90S90N/SALT.nc/SALT.1440x720.20200109.nc

The response is

Resolving ecco.jpl.nasa.gov (ecco.jpl.nasa.gov)... 128.149.52.112
Connecting to ecco.jpl.nasa.gov
(ecco.jpl.nasa.gov)|128.149.52.112|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Authentication selected: Basic realm="ECCO_Drive"
Reusing existing connection to ecco.jpl.nasa.gov:443.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized

The same with --http-user and --ftp-user.

Do you have a suggestion, how to proceed?

Kind regards,

Martin