[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Potential errors in ecco-v4-py python package

Timothy Andrew Smith timsmith204 at utexas.edu
Fri Aug 2 10:12:43 EDT 2019

Hey Shengze,

Thank you for the feedback and good catch! This looks like a pretty small
(but consequential!) typo on a script that I had added.

It looks like the fix is as simple as *->+ in those few lines of the
functions calc_section_heat_trsp and calc_section_salt_trsp (within
calc_section_trsp.py).

I would be happy to do this, but as Ian said, if you are familiar or
comfortable with submitting a pull request
<https://help.github.com/en/articles/creating-a-pull-request-from-a-fork> from
a forked <https://help.github.com/en/articles/fork-a-repo> version of
ECCOv4-py <https://github.com/ECCO-GROUP/ECCOv4-py> with the code changes
then this would be ideal because it will attribute the fix to you. If
you're unfamiliar and need some pointers, don't hesitate to contact me -
I'm happy to help. Let me know what you want to do here.

Cheers,
Tim