[ecco-support] Problem importing ecco_v4 library

Fenty, Ian G (329C) ian.fenty at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 2 20:39:56 EDT 2019

Hi Carolina,

I tried reproducing your problem on a fresh python install but didn’t get any errors when I did
>import ecco_v4_py as ecco

Perhaps the issue is that the ecco_v4_py package is currently supported with Python 2.7 and is being transitioned to Python 3.  I see you are trying to import the library using anaconda3 which I believe uses Python 3.  Could you try with anaconda2 and let us know if you still have problems?

Ian