[ecco-support] Latitude and longitude values for ECCO2 data at 2km resolution

HONG ZHANG hong.zhang at ucla.edu
Tue Jul 10 11:17:44 EDT 2018

On 7/10/18 8:03 AM, Claire Bulgin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some ECCO2 data at 2km resolution provided to the University of
> Reading by Dimitri Menemenlis about 3 years ago.  We used the data in
> a paper at that time and subsequently have another use for it now.
>  The only problem is that we don’t have the corresponding
> latitude/longitude values for the 2km grid (we didn’t need these in
> the previous work and didn’t request them at the time), and it is not
> apparent from the aspect ratio of the SST data projection as to how
> these would be calculated.  I have now tried on several occasions to
> contact both Dimitri and Chris Hill personally to see if they could
> help with this problem but have received no response.
>
> Would it be possible for you to provide us with the relevant latitude
> and longitude fields or at least the appropriate method for
> calculating them ourselves?
>
> Many thanks,
> Claire
Hi Clarie,
The entire global LLC4320 (corresponding to your "2km" case) grid info
is here:
ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO2/LLC4320/grid/
especially "readme"
ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO2/LLC4320/grid/readme.txt
You can extract the regional domain of your interest from the global one.
Please let us know if you need more help.

cheers
Hong