[ecco-support] How to generate the input forcing field

Qihua Peng q7peng at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 8 19:38:33 EST 2018

Dear teacher Wang,

Thanks for your help. Actually,  I'd like to use my own forcing data:
dlw,dsw, taux, tauy... and wspeed from 1979-2017 (all the data comes from
ERA-Interim to force the model. I hope to extend the run period from
1979-2017. Actually I will not  use the ecco package in my study (I'd like
to study some dynamic process , so I'll not use the assimilation data
ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/input_ecco/).  So I think it is
possible to extend the run from 1979-2017, not only from 1992-2015.

Now I have downloaded all the data (dlw,dsw, taux, tauy... and wspeed) from
ERA-Interim (
http://apps.ecmwf.int/datasets/data/interim-full-daily/levtype=sfc/). I
should rearrange the data grids (change them into the LLC90 grid like your
input forcing data: ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/input_forcing/
). But I don't know how to rearrange these newly download data to fit for
the LLC90 grid.

I'm really very grateful for your help and kindness.

Best,
Qihua