[ecco-support] How to generate the input forcing field

Wang, Ou (329B) Ou.Wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 8 17:25:22 EST 2018

Qihua,

Could you be more specific about what kind of forcings that you wanted to generate?

ECCO v4r3’s forcing files<ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/input_forcing/> can be easily read using the Matlab toolbox gcmfaces<http://wwwcvs.mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/matlab_class/>. The user guide<http://wwwcvs.mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/matlab_class/gcmfaces.pdf?revision=1.12&view=co> of gcmfaces provides useful information about how to install and make use of the toolbox.

The directions of the forcings can be found in the overview document<ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/doc/v4r3_overview.pdf> of v4r3 (Table 5 in section 3.9).

Best,
Ou Wang