[Dspace-general] ICAL 2009 PROMINENT SPEAKERS

Rajesh Singh rajeshzone29 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jun 23 07:31:46 EDT 2009

Dear Professional Colleagues,

It gives me immense pleasure to announce that Delhi University Library System of the University of Delhi has taken the responsibility to host an International Conference on Academic Libraries involving large number of professionals from India and abroad. The registration for the conference is open.

The objective of the conference is to reposition the Academic Libraries by taking advantage of modern developments in the field of ICT; management techniques including change management; scholarly communications; advocacy; user-vendor-librarians interface etc. and develop a ROAD MAP which can be used by the governmental agencies for upgrading the library systems in India. We have developed a document having the conceptual framework which provides a framework on how various facets are conceived.

We expect a professional gathering of about 1000 experts from India and abroad for almost four days with dates being October 5-8, 2009 at the Delhi University Conference Venue through several parallel sessions and tutorials.

I take this opportunity to inform about the following prominent speakers of the conference.

PROMINENT SPEAKERS

Dr. Ellen Ramona Tise, President-Elect, IFLA and Director, LIS, University of  Stellenbosch, South Africa

Prof. Carol Tenopir, Chancellor's Professor, School of Information Science, University of Tenessee, United States

Prof. Anne Shumelda Okerson, Associate University Librarian, Yale University, United States

Prof. David Kohl, Editor, Journal of Academic Librarianship and Dean and University Librarian, University of Cincinnati, United States

Prof. Joyce Chao-chen Chen, Professor & University Librarian, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan, Province of China

Prof. Gobinda Chowdhury, Professor of Information and Knowledge Management, University of Sydney, Australia

MANY MORE PROMINENT SPEAKERS FROM INDIA AND ABROAD ARE EXPECTED

For more details please visit:
http://library.du.ac.in/ocs
or
http://crl.du.ac.in/ical09

For all querries and further details, please send your mail to :

                                   ICAL 2009 Conference Secretariat
Dr. S. Majumdar, Organising Secretary, ICAL
C/o University Librarian, Central Library, University of Delhi
New Delhi - 110 007, India
Phone - 91-11-27666034, 27667848 or 24682100 Fax - 91-11-27666034 E-mail: ical2009.os at gmail.com

with regards

 Rajesh Singh