[Dspace-general] Copyright for unpublished works?

Stan Orlov stan.orlov at msvu.ca
Fri Jan 16 11:39:47 EST 2009

Greetings!

We are starting promotion of the upcoming IR and some faculty are asking
about copyright.  They have unpublished works they would like to put in IR,
but they want to ensure that everybody knows they were the first to make
these works available.  My boss suggests using creative commons license
which, according to her, should cover that.  I believe that's what most
people would use, but I would love to confirm with those who have been
working with previously unpublished papers in IR.  If someone has an example
of copyright notice I could show to my faculty, I would be very grateful.

Cheers,
Stan
Stanislav Orlov, MEd, MISt
Systems Librarian