[Dspace-general] Reminder: DSpace 1.6 Testathon all week long

Tim Donohue tdonohue at duraspace.org
Mon Dec 7 12:22:15 EST 2009

All,

Just a reminder, we have started our DSpace 1.6 Testathon - "The Big Bug
Hunt" this morning.  We have three DSpace 1.6 test instances up and
running with the patched version of DSpace 1.6.0-RC1.  Please try to
take some time out of your day to help us test!   We can use help from
repository managers, developers, or just interested users.  More
information about the Testathon is available at:
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpace_Release_1.6.0_Testathon_Page

If you find what you think is a bug, feel free to report it in our
DSpace Jira (http://jira.dspace.org).   If you want to confirm it first,
we have DSpace developers available to talk in our DSpace IRC chat
room.  The easiest way to join our chat room is to visit our Testathon
website at  http://dspace.testathon.net/  (Then, just enter in a
nickname of your choice and click "Login").   If you are new to online
chat, don't worry, we're all very friendly!  Feel free to introduce
yourself when you join the room, and let us know if you've found
anything in your testing.

Enjoy your preview of DSpace 1.6!  As a reminder, here's a list of the
major new features to look out for:
* Improved Statistics
* Embargo
* Batch Metadata Editing
* Improved Documentation
* Authority Control Lists
* Delegated Administration (e.g. Community Administrators)

So, if you can find some time this week, please help us make DSpace 1.6
one of the best releases yet!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace