[Dspace-general] Last day for the DSpace 1.6 Testathon!

Tim Donohue tdonohue at duraspace.org
Fri Dec 11 10:10:09 EST 2009

All,

Today is the final day of the DSpace 1.6 Testathon - "The Big Bug Hunt".

To the many of you who've already been a tremendous help, thanks!
Thanks to you, we've already had an extremely successful Testathon!
Since Monday, we've already located a total of 34 issues (of differing
shapes and sizes) reported by over 10 different testers.   Our wonderful
team of developers are already in the process of reviewing and fixing
many of these issues for 1.6.0.  You'll be glad to hear that, although
34 issues may sound like a lot, most issues seem to be minor and we
haven't encountered any significant stability problems.

But, as I mentioned, we still have one day left!  If you have any free
time in your Friday, we'd love it if you could continue to help us
test.  Again, we can use help from repository managers, developers or
just interested users.  More information about how you can help can be
found on our Wiki at:

http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpace_Release_1.6.0_Testathon_Page

Thanks again for all of your help this week.  Your help means a more
stable 1.6.0 for us all!

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace
DuraSpace.org