[Dspace-general] Web hosting

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 4 06:28:04 EST 2009

--- On Fri, 4/12/09, Christian Voelker <C.Voelker at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,

<snip>
> Perhaps, we could give better advice whether DSpace
> is the right solution for you, if you give us some
> cornerstones of your project,
our organization has a member's library, but is currently postal based
we would also like to let non-members be able to access the library by paying for the item.

we taped our seminars/workshops (3 to 4 hours approx)
we also buy related DVD/videos/Books

> such as how many people will ingest into and access the repository,
I dont have access to those figures
> what type of organisation runs the repository,
a not-for-profit Australia association
> Which amount of items do you expect within the first two years,
I don't know
> whether you are focused on long term preservation,
we have physical copies of most of our stuff (books/DVD/VHS tapes)
> on detailed metadata,
> distributed workflows with differentiated responsibilities within the > team and so on.
we don't have a team that just dose the library work

> Besides, I doubt that you will find any
> reliable solution when Java makes you frown.
its the turn around time compared to working in php

> Yours, Christian
tom sparks