[Dspace-general] Migrating data from MySQL

Jeffrey Trimble jatrimble at ysu.edu
Tue Aug 4 15:52:09 EDT 2009

Walker,

Well, that depends.  You could map out an extraction file to the
PostgreSQL, but
I guess the bigger question is what purposes was the MySQL used for?
Was it a prior
DSpace installation?  (That would make the process somewhat easier).

Are these records in MySQL storing Dublin Core Metadata + the bitstream?

In a future release there will be a batch editing program that
**might** (I use caution here)
assist you with the data.  Also, there is an excel macro tool that
OhioLINK uses
to load records and their associated Metadata into DSpace.

I think you question needs a little more detail before a solid answer
could be given to you.

Best wishes,

Jeffrey Trimble
System LIbrarian
William F.  Maag Library
Youngstown State University
330.941.2483 (Office)
jtrimble at cc.ysu.edu
http://www.maag.ysu.edu
http://digital.maag.ysu.edu
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me..."
--Litany against fear....