[Dspace-general] Migrating data from MySQL

Walker Sampson walker.sampson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:12:26 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info, this has been extremely helpful! Here are a few
more details:

The MySQL database was used with a PHP front-end and was not part of a
DSpace installation. It contains simple textual metadata for each
record; these are not Dublin Core elements. The MySQL database doesn't
store any bitstreams. There are about 1500+ records in the MySQL
database.

Regarding writing a script to write the records in a Dublin Core XML
file, is there a scripting language you suggest? We're running a
CentOS 5 server here.

Thanks again!