[Dspace-general] Week 4: Bitstream types (Dorothea Salo)

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 8 13:46:28 EDT 2008

> I don't think we want it to
> be automatic.  Some of us have a desire to archive both (say) the raw
> MPEG-2 data for the sake of never losing anything, and a properly edited,
> well-engineered, scaled and compressed version for daily use.

As a rule, I would want anything that changes a bitstream without
human intervention to be non-destructive. I can see where that might
become obnoxious from a storage standpoint, though, especially with
video.

Dorothea

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Digital Repository Librarian AIM: mindsatuw
University of Wisconsin
Rm 218, Memorial Library
(608) 262-5493