[Dspace-general] Bulk Upload Facility

Harish Maringanti harish at ksu.edu
Sat Nov 8 15:35:06 EST 2008

Dear Shashank,

I agree with you that depending on how many items you want to upload & how
often you use this feature, this process does look a bit tedious. If you are
using this bulk upload functionality sporadically then the existing process
is fine.

It won't be hard to write a script that will take a single directory with
all the items' files and one single xml file that captures the metadata of
all the items as input and spit out the format that Dspace requires. If
someone already wrote such a script, I hope they will share it with you.

Best,
Harish