[Dspace-general] Topic for diploma thesis

Vlastimil Krejcir krejcir at ics.muni.cz
Thu May 15 11:11:03 EDT 2008

   Hello,

   I have a student who subscribed for the diploma thesis about fuzzy
search in DSpace. We have found there is fuzzy search in DSpace - so we
lost the topic.

   I would like to ask if anybody has something interesting to solve (and
to do) in DSpace. Something which could be solved as a part of diploma
thesis. The topic must be strong enough - must contain enough space for
theoretical work (and for practical work too). So it can't be only
developing (e.g. "Implement the feature yyy" is not good topic).

   The student, who will be doing the thesis, is familiar with DSpace and
also with Manakin (and related things like Java, XSLT and so on).

   Please let me know if you have something interesting. It can be useful
for you and for the whole community.

   thank you a lot for your interest

   Vlastik

Vlastimil Krejčíř
Library and Information Centre, Institute of Computer Science
Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Email: krejcir (at) ics (dot) muni (dot) cz
Phone: +420 549 49 3872
ICQ: 163963217
Jabber: krejvl at jabber.org