[Dspace-general] ResearchArchive@Victoria implements Manakin in time for St Patrick's day

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 10 21:31:17 EDT 2008

> There has been some wrestling with XSLT in the Manakin view, some debugging,
> and four aspects have been created (1. to add a breadcrumb to the breadcrumb
> trail; 2. a new user interface to subscribe to a collection; 3. an
> alteration to the arrangement of the browse collections; 4. a controlled
> vocabulary of labels for bitstreams uploaded).

Neat! Let's see the code! Um, have we got an Aspect repository anywhere?

> So, if any organisation on this list is thinking about moving to using
> Manakin, then we have some useful learning to share, once we have celebrated
> and lain down for a bit.

Ditto. What I've got is on the XSLT side, but I can do some
possibly-useful things:

- make authors and subjects clickable on item and browse pages
- recreate the "current" class that out-of-the-box JSP had in the navigation bar
- put community/collection logos in the <h1> (instead of 'way down in
the comm/coll info)

Congrats on the launch! We're waiting for 1.5 to go gold before we
move to Manakin.

Dorothea

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Digital Repository Librarian AIM: mindsatuw
University of Wisconsin
Rm 218, Memorial Library
(608) 262-5493