[Dspace-general] ResearchArchive@Victoria implements Manakin in time for St Patrick's day

Conal Tuohy conal.tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Mar 11 23:51:28 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 20:31 -0500, Dorothea Salo wrote:
> > There has been some wrestling with XSLT in the Manakin view, some debugging,
> > and four aspects have been created (1. to add a breadcrumb to the breadcrumb
> > trail; 2. a new user interface to subscribe to a collection; 3. an
> > alteration to the arrangement of the browse collections; 4. a controlled
> > vocabulary of labels for bitstreams uploaded).
>
> Neat! Let's see the code! Um, have we got an Aspect repository anywhere?

Good question!

I would like to post the Aspects somewhere public - perhaps on the
DSpace Wiki as zipped attachments? I will hold off doing anything with
them for a few days, until there's been some discussion about where best
to put them. But if anyone is particularly interested I'm happy to email
them to whoever wants them.

NB all of our Aspects are very small, and all are pure XSLT. I posted
one of them to this list (the breadcrumb trail Aspect) a few weeks ago
as an example.

> > So, if any organisation on this list is thinking about moving to using
> > Manakin, then we have some useful learning to share, once we have celebrated
> > and lain down for a bit.
>
> Ditto. What I've got is on the XSLT side, but I can do some
> possibly-useful things:
>
> - make authors and subjects clickable on item and browse pages

I would love to see this.

--
Conal Tuohy
New Zealand Electronic Text Centre