[Dspace-general] ResearchArchive@Victoria implements Manakin in time for St Patrick's day

Ingrid Mason Ingrid.Mason at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Mar 9 23:50:36 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Aside the new green livery, why might any of you list readers be
interested in this Manakin implementation?

Well... Conal Tuohy has been beavering away here at Victoria University
of Wellington getting the new look for the research repository up to
match the library's website.

There has been some wrestling with XSLT in the Manakin view, some
debugging, and four aspects have been created (1. to add a breadcrumb to
the breadcrumb trail; 2. a new user interface to subscribe to a
collection; 3. an alteration to the arrangement of the browse
collections; 4. a controlled vocabulary of labels for bitstreams
uploaded).

So, if any organisation on this list is thinking about moving to using
Manakin, then we have some useful learning to share, once we have
celebrated and lain down for a bit.

Seriously though, it was ok, we did have to 'break' the business logic
just a wee bit, but we're all dressed up ready for the 17th March...
;-)

Cheers, Ingrid

Ingrid Mason
<http://www.vuw.ac.nz/staff-directory/PhoneDetails.aspx?VMID=6844>

Digital Research Repository Coordinator

ResearchArchive at Victoria <http://researcharchive.vuw.ac.nz/>

Victoria University of Wellington

ph: 64-4-463 6844

em: ingrid.mason at vuw.ac.nz <mailto:ingrid.mason at vuw.ac.nz>

Location: Kelburn Campus, Rankine Brown, RB501A

- - research deposited in in ResearchArchive at Victoria can be found
within 1 day via the national research hub nzresearch.org and within 2-3
days via the search engine Google - -