[Dspace-general] Location Proposal for DSUG Mtg Fall 2009

Valorie Hollister val at dspace.org
Mon Jun 9 09:31:20 EDT 2008

DSpace Community -

As many of you are already aware, the next DSpace User Group Meeting
will be held in conjunction with next year's Open Repositories in May
2009 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

DSpace Foundation would like to help organize a stand-alone DSUG
meeting sometime between September - November 2009 in Europe. We've
already have a few informal offers to host the meeting, but before we
make a decision we would like to give the entire DSpace community a
chance to propose their location.

Some of the key criteria for hosting the meeting include:
-location must be easily accessible for international participants
(i.e. close to an international airport)
-meeting facilities must accommodate at least 200 people for 2 days
-maximum charges per participant should not exceed $300
-meeting facilities must be close to enough available, inexpensive
lodging for participants

If you are interested in hosting the next DSUG meeting, please contact
me at val at dspace.org.

Valorie Hollister
Community Outreach Manager
DSpace Foundation