[Dspace-general] DSpace Fedora discussion skypecast tomorrow

Michele Kimpton michele at dspace.org
Mon Jun 9 12:15:04 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Tomorrow DSpace Foundation and Fedora Commons will be meeting with a
few key folks from each community to begin the discussions on
identifying ways the communities can work together to advance the
missions of both organizations and communities.  This will be the
first in many discussions with our communities in the hopes of coming
up with tangible ways to easily work together.  In our effort to make
these discussions as transparent and participatory we have set up a
skypecast.  Skypecast is a broadcast of the meeting available for
anyone with a skype account to listen in and participate.  The
Skypecast can accommodate 100 people.  In addition to the Skypecast,
we will post the notes from the meeting on our wikis, and hope to have
a recording of the meeting that anyone can download.

We realize the technology, language and timing to get massive
transparent participation is very limited.  However, we promise to
continue to make all discussions open and have multiple opportunities
to voice your opinion, this being the first of many possible
opportunities.

If you would like to listen in tomorrow(Tuesday 1pm EDT, GMT-5
hours) , the meeting will go for 3 or 4 hours and you can log in at:
https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/skypecast/detailed.html?id_talk=4668237

or search for DSpace at:
https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/home

You must have a skype account to join the meeting and currently
skypecast does not support MAC.

I would also welcome any input you would like to send me directly or
by skype at mbkimpton.

Michele