[Dspace-general] deep links to files in dspace

Giuseppe Vacanti gvacanti at cosine.nl
Thu Jan 25 03:48:43 EST 2007

Hello,
I have a dspace installation for internal use. I have defined my local handle
name, so that I can get direct access (say from another web site) to my
documents with a deep link like this:

...dspace/bitstream/cosine/140/1/document.pdf

I have noticed that it does not matter what file name I use at the end of the
URL, I will always get my document back. That is to say, all of these URLs work:

...dspace/bitstream/cosine/140/1/
...dspace/bitstream/cosine/140/1/bliblo
...dspace/bitstream/cosine/140/1/etc

I would like to know if there is any way to disable this behavior, so that only
if the file name is correct will the system return a document. Otherwise it
becomes too simple for people to harvest the whole archive, by just trying all
the integers, like:

...dspace/bitstream/cosine/0/1/
...dspace/bitstream/cosine/1/1/
...dspace/bitstream/cosine/2/1/
etc etc

and this is something I do not want.

Regards, Giuseppe
--
Giuseppe Vacanti
cosine Science & Computing (+31-71-5241096)