[Dspace-general] FW: [Dspace-devel] [ dspace-Patches-1597225 ] eclipse problems

Scott, Rudolph Rudolph.Scott at iop.kcl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 04:28:24 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott, Rudolph
Sent: 22 January 2007 09:27
To: 'Kyle Brentnell'
Subject: RE: [Dspace-devel] [ dspace-Patches-1597225 ] eclipse problems

Hi. I can't get eclipse to work on my Solaris 10 box. I downloaded the binary distribution and ran eclipse. The splash screen appears, then after a few seconds I get an error which is saved to a log file. The error message is below;

 Command-line arguments:  -os solaris -ws gtk -arch sparc

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-01-18 16:12:29.662 !MESSAGE Error reading configuration:  /space/rudyapps/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock (Permission denied) !STACK 0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /space/rudyapps/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock  (Permission denied)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.Locker_JavaNio.lock(Locker_JavaNio.java:30)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.lock(StorageManager.java:387)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:694)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.initFileManager(BaseStorage.java:152)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.initialize(BaseStorage.java:129)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializeStorage(BaseAdaptor.java:124)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.initialize(Framework.java:138)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>(Framework.java:112)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.createFramework(OSGi.java:90)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.<init>(OSGi.java:31)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:286)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:173)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

Do you know what is causing this error?

Rudolph Scott
Desktop Support Analyst
Dept of Biostatistics and Computing