[Dspace-general] deep links to files in dspace

Robert Tansley roberttansley at google.com
Thu Jan 25 18:09:11 EST 2007

Hi Guiseppe,

Actually, as of DSpace 1.4.1, the filename does need to be correct in
these URLs.  This was mainly done to prevent the appearance of
infinite URL spaces which can occur when bitstreams contain relative
links but are not in HTML items (e.g. PDFs).

That said, if there is a reason you do not want your repository
harvested (by search engines etc), I'd recommend you use the
authorization system to restrict access to sensitive material -- if
someone has access to your browse pages, they can crawl them to get to
item pages and from there to all of the bitstreams anyway.

Rob