[Dspace-general] Statistics Issues and DSpace

John Murtagh John.Murtagh at brunel.ac.uk
Tue Feb 27 07:08:12 EST 2007

Hello all,

The use of statistics for DSpace is an important part of our strategy to
increase deposits and we wish to protect the integrity of that
information.

A quick question about the statistics element of DSpace, namely the add
on provided by Universidade do Minho
<http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/6086.html>

I wondered if there had been any issues or concerns in the collection
and processing of downloads and views for items on DSpace? This could be
in the form of retrieval robots, OAI harvesters, Google or the
manipulation of statistics.

Anyone got any news or info they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance

John Murtagh

Website: http://bura.brunel.ac.uk

John Murtagh
Project Manager - Brunel University Research Archive
Brunel Library
Kingston Road
Uxbridge
UB8 3PH