[Dspace-general] Restric read access by mime-type or file extension

Ricardo Beltrán faritos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 01:02:04 EDT 2006

Hi folks,
I have a huge (3555 items) collection of surveys and all of them have a
Dataset (DBF file) and some other files.
I want to have public (anonymous) access for all the files with the
exception of the files with the DBF extension.
I had no problem doing this for one item with the administration GUI
adding a new policy, to the bitstream.
but I could´t find a way to add that policy for each bitstream with a
DBF extension and avoid changing each one by hand.

Studying the DSpace´s database visualization (
http://www.dspace.org/technology/system-docs/image/db-schema.gif )
I couldn't find the relation between the Bitstream Table and the
Resource Policy Table, maybe someone
with more SQL fu than me will have an easy solution to this problem!

Greets
Ricardo Beltran