[Dspace-general] DSpace usability study at University of Michigan: Summary of results

Jim Ottaviani jim.ottaviani at umich.edu
Fri Jun 23 15:11:41 EDT 2006

Hello all,

In the past few months, and in preparation for its formal launch this
spring, the University of Michigan performed three rounds of usability
testing on Deep Blue, its modified version of DSpace.

We have made dozens of changes to our original design as a result of
these tests, and have many more to make. While some are -- or at least
may be -- idiosyncratic to the way we have implemented DSpace and the
way we intend its use here at Michigan, others are probably of interest
to the DSpace community as a whole.

So, here's a link to my summary of our findings in hopes that some might
find it of use.

  http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~hellpop/DSpace_Deep_Blue_usability_summary.doc

Cheers,

Jim