[Dspace-general] Access Control

Linda Cracknell lcracknell at wlu.ca
Thu Apr 27 13:07:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

I know how to restrict access to all items in a collection and how to restrict access to a single item within a collection

Can anyone tell me how to have the ti, au, abstract, description, etc. metadata of a restricted access item show when I select a restricted title .  Right now as soon as I select a restricted title I get the login window.

I feel it would be kinder to give the viewer more information about the item even if they cannot get at the content!!  I am thinking that at this stage of viewing if the user wants to access the article an email option could be available.

Thanks for any help.

Linda Cracknell
Digital Repository & Projects Librarian
Wilfrid Laurier University Library