[Dspace-general] DSpace User Group Meeting Bergen 2006

Richard Jones richard.jones at ub.uib.no
Thu Apr 27 03:57:59 EDT 2006

Dear All,

The DSpace User Group Meeting and Institutional Repository Workshop ran
successfully from 19 - 21 April.  We had participants from 16 countries,
spanning from USA to Japan, totaling 102 delegates across all three
days, and with the busiest day being the first day of the DSpace User
Group Meeting with 75 attendees.

We felt that the event was a great success, and we had lots of positive
feedback from people on the day.  We would like to publicly thank all
our speakers for their hard work, and all the attendees for making the
event possible.  Thanks also to everyone involved in the organisation of
the event, and the programme committee for their help.  In addition,
thanks to our sponsors: Open Repository, OneOverZero and Allkopi, as
well as contributions from Utdanning.no and Visit Bergen.

The conference website will remain, and contain links to all the
presentations that were given over the 3 days:

http://dsug2006.uib.no/

In addition, there is a DSpace wiki page, to which you are encouraged to
place comments if you attended, and from which you can find out what was
discussed if you didn't:

http://wiki.dspace.org/DspaceUserGroupBergen2006

We have also started to see lots of photos from the event turning up on
Flickr, under the tag "dspacebergen2006", and we encourage you to
release your own photos here with the same tag:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/dspacebergen2006/

It was a great pleasure for us to make this contribution to the DSpace
community, and look forward to being a part of it for a long time to come.

All the best,

- The DSUG Bergen 2006 Team