[Dspace-general] Retain "DSpace" Name?

Catherine Jannik catherine.jannik at library.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 19 11:31:11 EDT 2005

Marty,

Here at Georgia Tech we decided to change all instances of "DSpace" to
"SMARTech" with the exception of the one in the footer (DSpace Software
Copyright © 2002-2004 MIT and Hewlett-Packard - Feedback).  There were
two main reasons for this decision; we wanted to brand our IR and
eliminate confusion that might be caused by using "DSpace" and
"SMARTech," and the possibility that sometime in the future we might
want to change the platform on which SMARTech runs (also why we didn't
use "space" in the name of our IR).

In "About SMARTech" one of our FAQs reads as follows:

Where can I learn more about DSpace, the software behind SMARTech?
The DSpace home page at http://dspace.org/.

Hope this helps,
Catherine