[Dspace-general] Retain "DSpace" Name?

courtois@ksu.edu courtois at ksu.edu
Wed Oct 19 11:08:57 EDT 2005

How have you reconciled the DSpace label with the name of your
institutional repository?

Many institutions give a unique name to their DSpace installation, and
we're considering calling our repository the "K-State Research
Exchange" (K-REx).  It seems there would be some benefit to users if we
go through all DSpace files and change every occurence of "DSpace" to
"K-REx?"  For example, "My DSpace" would become "My K-REx."

On the other hand, the term "DSpace" is used in so many files and shows
up on so many different pages, I wonder if it would be better to retain
the use of "DSpace" and help the user to understand that K-REx is