[Dspace-general] Retain "DSpace" Name?

Fyffe, Richard rfyffe at ku.edu
Wed Oct 19 11:34:37 EDT 2005

Marty,

At the University of Kansas we consider the repository program ("program" meaning "concept") to transcend any particular platform. We use DSpace now, but someday that will change. And although the DSpace brand is somewhat useful for marketing to faculty, we don't want the repository to be thought of as identical to DSpace. So we have, yes, made the effort to replace all the occurrences of "DSpace" in the screens with "KU ScholarWorks."

Richard Fyffe
Assistant Dean for Scholarly Communication
University of Kansas Libraries
351 Watson Library
1425 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence KS 66045-7544